As the season’s change and the weather shifts cooler, you may be finding yourself in a bit of a style identity crisis. After a long hot summer of flimsy dresses, shorts, and sandals, it’s not uncommon to feel as if you need to ease into finding your fall fashion inspiration.
Your clothes tell a story about you, each garment possessing the power to make a statement that can be read by everyone you encounter throughout your day. Due to this power, picking out a stunning outfit in the morning can give you immense confidence that you can carry with you until it’s time to slip into your PJ’s and go to bed.
If you’re feeling like you’ve glided into a bit of a post-summer fashion funk, however, there’s no need to worry. Below we share some of our top tips for dressing for the fall weather:
Make a Statement with your Boots
Due to the salty sidewalks of winter, and the warm breeze of summer, fall is pretty much the only season that you can dive into your boot collection without running the risk of damaging them or overheating.
Boots are quite possibly the most iconic pieces of a fall wardrobe. Simply throwing on a chic pair can take an already gorgeous outfit and make it jaw-dropping. Fortunately, there are so many styles of boots that just about everyone can find a pair that they adore.
Here are some of our favourite boot styles this fall:
- Riding Boots: Saving your riding boots for the stables? There’s no need to shelve this classic style of boot for your next visit to the paddocks. Riding boots are universally admired boots that add an air of sophistication to just about any look.
- Motorcycle Boots: Don’t ride a Harley? No problem. You don’t need to be a wild child to rock these bad boys. Motorcycle boots are for any individuals who are looking to add a little edge to their fall wardrobe.
- Ankle Boots: Do you love wearing boots, but prefer that they stay on the sidelines of your outfit, not demanding too much attention? Then ankle boots are the perfect option for you. This style of boot will keep your toes warm while also accenting your look in a subtle way.
Head Turning Jackets
With all its crisp air and plethora of seasonal outdoor activities (apple picking anyone?), fall provides the ideal temperature to take your hip jackets out of retirement!
Jackets and coats are extremely versatile. They can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion, making them a fun piece to get creative with.
Here are a few suggestions for trendy jacket styles that you can try on for size this fall:
- Denim: One of the major laws of the fashion landscape is this – denim never goes out of style. From faded and distressed denim jackets, to chic modern ones, there is a jean jacket out there for everyone.
- Bombers: While the bomber trend just resurfaced over the last couple of years, it doesn’t seem to be going anyone. In fact, it seems as if wherever you go in the city, every shop window possesses a mannequin wearing a muted coloured bomber jacket.
- Trench Coat: Everything about the trench coat look signals to onlookers that the person wearing it has richly refined taste. Plus, pairing your trench coat with a pair of skinny jeans and riding boots will only strengthen that perception.
- Leather Jacket: Similarly to denim, leather jackets come in all shapes, sizes, and styles. If you’re a fan of the aforementioned motorcycle boots, then a motorcycle leather jacket may just be the perfect fit for your wardrobe. However, there are plenty of leather jackets that are more form-fitting and corporate looking, if that’s what you’re into!
With this year’s fall temperatures existing all over the map, layering has been an essential piece of the fall fashion puzzle.
Here are some examples of great layering pieces:
- Turtlenecks: Turtlenecks are the ideal piece if you feel that it’s too cold to simply wear a sweater outside, but too hot to wear a sweater with your jacket.
- Cardigans: Less restricting than sweaters, cardigans are ideal for fall weather as they can be buttoned up, unbuttoned, or taken off entirely depending on how warm you’re feeling.
- Scarves: You can take any outfit up a notch by adding an elegant or funky scarf into the equation.
Are you feeling the fall fashion inspiration yet? We thought so! Sometimes all you need is a little reminder of what’s in your closet to truly feel excited about what the turn of the season means for your style. However, it’s not uncommon that at this time of year, many of our clients find that some of their clothing items require an alteration. If you’re thrilled to be entering fall fashion weather, but need to connect with a top-notch tailor who offers professional alternation services at affordable prices look no further than Love Your Tailor. Give us a call today!